Artichoke Dip with Three-Pepper Trilogy
Dump the standby chips and dip for this healthy spread with layers of flavor and color. An old standby appetizer, this artichoke dip gets jazzed up with the three-pepper swirl.
- 8 Peppadew peppers (from the deli olive bar or international aisle); reserve the liquid
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained
- ¼ cup sweet red chili sauce
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts; packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Pita bread and pretzel chips
- Place peppers and red chili sauce in a food processor; pulse to chop coarsely, and set aside.
- Clean out food processor. Add lemon juice, mascarpone cheese and yogurt; process until smooth. Add artichokes and cheese; coarsely chop. Remove food processor top, and stir until smooth.
- Spread dip in a shallow platter. Top with red pepper trilogy, cheese and pine nuts.
- Serve with pita bread and pretzel chips.