Velvet Vegan Leek and Potato Soup
This soup is finished with a generous glug of extra virgin olive oil to give it that velvety finish, plus a handful of fresh chopped dill.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 leeks (about 13oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 13 oz potatoes
- small handful of dill
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Trim the leeks, and rinse them under the cold tap, gently spreading the leaves at the dark green tops to make sure you wash out any traces of grit from between the leaves. Chop the leeks into roughly 3–4 cm (1½in) rounds.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the leeks and a large pinch of sea salt and cook for about 10 minutes until the leeks have started to soften and slightly caramelize around the edges.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and chop them into rough, bite-sized cubes. Finely chop the dill, reserving a few fronds to garnish.
- Stir the potatoes into the leeks and pour over the stock. Turn up the heat and bring the pan to the boil. Reduce the heat again to low and allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and falling apart.
- Remove the soup from the heat and use a hand-held blender to blitz until velvety smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir in the dill and serve straight away. Add an extra couple of dill fronds and a swirl of olive oil on top of each bowl.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post