Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 small butternut squash, unpeeled, 5 cups (3/4 inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon oil (try coconut)
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock, or water
- 2 15-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Place the squash, oil, water, pinch of salt and pepper on a small baking sheet or casserole dish and mix well. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully transfer to a large blender.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable stock in a 3 quart pot over medium heat. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the salt, pepper, and cilantro, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Carefully transfer half of the contents of the pot to the blender. Blend until creamy. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Place the remaining contents of the pot in the blender and carefully blend until creamy. Add to the serving bowl, along with the cilantro, and mix well before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post