Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 medium-sized sweet bell peppers
- 3 portobello mushrooms, gills removed, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 cups lightly packed spinach roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Slice tops off peppers; reserve tops. Pull out seeds and ribs. Sprinkle interior of peppers lightly with salt, and place on one end of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- On the other end of the baking dish, toss portobello with olive oil, cumin and ½ tsp salt. Bake 10 minutes, until peppers have softened.
- Meanwhile, take the tops and slice remaining bell pepper off stem; finely chop.
- Remove baking dish from oven, and transfer peppers to a plate. Stir spinach, black beans, chopped bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic and remaining ½ tsp salt into mushrooms.
- Scoop filling into peppers; firmly pack. Return to baking dish, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Top with feta and freshly ground pepper; cook a final 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
TIP: Choose peppers with flat bottoms, so they can stand upright when cooking and serving.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 829mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post