Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 leek, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 3/4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups domestic mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 cups broth
- 1/2 box Barilla® Orzo
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano, shaved
- Cut in rings and sauté ¼ of a leek with butter for few minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a separate pot sauté the rest of the leek with the olive oil, parsley, celery, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the vegetables get a little mushy.
- Add hot broth, season with salt and pepper and boil for 20 minutes.
- Process 1 cup of soup in a blender until it gets a smooth consistency.
- Add the pureed soup back in with the rest of the soup.
- Bring back on the fire and when it starts boiling stir in Orzo Barilla, cook for the recommended cooking time on the packaging.
- Let it sit ten minutes before serving on individual bowls.
- Garnish with leek and shaved Parmigiano cheese.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post