This mousse also works well as a dipping sauce for fresh strawberries.
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk or coconut water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh raspberries
- Coconut shavings
- Place ingredients in the order as they appear, beginning with liquids, in a Vitamix or another high-powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- If consistency is too thick, add more almond milk or coconut water.
- Accessorize with raspberries and coconut shavings.
This recipe is featured in Chef Alina Z.’s new book, Single and Hungry: A Realistic Guide to Food & Self-Love, featuring 30 plant-based recipes plus bonus healthy snacks. She will be preparing healthy “couture chocolates” for the 2018 Oscars’ Style Lounge.