Photo Credit: Traeger Grills
Traeger Chocolate Chip Cookies
Turn your grill into an oven and try these warm and delicious cookies!
Categories: dessert, recipes Tags: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, grill, grilling
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Keyword: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, grill, grilling
Author: Traeger Kitchen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Kosher sea salt, as needed
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to 375º and preheat, lid closed, for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Add butter and both sugars to bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes light in color and sugar is incorporated into the butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, waiting until the first is incorporated before adding the next, followed by the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to medium low, and add flour mixture in three parts. When just incorporated, add chocolate chips, and mix 15 seconds longer.
- Line two half sheet trays with parchment paper. Using a six-ounce scoop, portion cookie dough out, placing four cookies on each sheet tray. Keep them mounded up high, as this will result in a chewy, doughy center but cooked exterior. Sprinkle the top with additional sea salt, if desired.
- Place sheet trays directly on grill grate and bake 20-25 minutes, until the outside is lightly browned. Cookies will look a little underdone (exterior will be lightly browned, but center will still look gooey) which is what you’re shooting for.
- Remove them from grill and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to set up. Enjoy!
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 8g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Sodium: 506mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 33g