Tofu Pineapple RightRice
Fried rice is the perfect way to bring together ingredients you have on hand. It’s a quick midweek meal that refreshes leftovers in a flash. This recipe uses RightRice, which is a shelf-stable grain made from 90 percent vegetables and has more than 2 times the protein, 5 times the fiber, and almost 40 percent less net carbs than regular rice.
Share this Post
- 1 package Thai Curry RightRice
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (10-ouncpack firm tofu cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1- inch piece ginger finely grated
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Prepare RightRice according to package directions, using vegetable stock as the liquid. Once cooked, transfer to a large plate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dress tofu cubes with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tofu on a baking tray. Make sure cubes do not overlap. Bake 15 minutes, until crispy.
- In a large wok or frying pan, cook shallot with remaining olive oil for 4 minutes, until fragrant and translucent. Add garlic and ginger, and cook 2 minutes. Add red pepper and carrots, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add tofu, peas and pineapple to wok, and stir 1 minute to heat through. Turn off heat and add in rice; mix well. Season with fish sauce.
- Divide rice among four bowls and garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post