Photo Credit: Teri Lyn Fisher
The Real Dish Row Salad
This healthy salad from Mareya Ibhrahim’s latest cookbook makes an easy lunch or side dish.
- 4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 16 ounces canned wild-caught tuna packed in water drained
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill leaves only
- sea salt and freshly ground pepepr
- 3 cups assorted veggies (shredded carrots, baby heirloom or grape tomatoes, haricots verts, red and yellow bell peppers)
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas or cannellini beans drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced into small chunks
- 1 cup grapes sliced in half
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat. Arrange the arugula on a large platter as abed for the other ingredients.
- In the same bowl you used for the arugula, stir together the tuna, lemon juice, and dill, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the tuna salad down the middle of the platter over the arugula. Arrange the veggies, chickpeas, avocado, and grapes in individual rows alongside the tuna.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons dressing over the salad and enjoy!