Photo Credit: Iain Bagwell
Sunny Winter Orange Quinoa Salad
This citrus salad will brighten up any cold or snowy day.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 (12-oz) bag boil-in-a-bag quinoa
- 1 (8-oz) bag spinach
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside and cool.
- In a large bowl, gently toss quinoa, spinach, oranges and pomegranate seeds with 2 Tbsp of Orange-Sesame Dressing. Taste and add more dressing, if desired.
- Place salad on a serving platter and top with feta cheese and almonds and serve.
- Whisk all ingredients until brown sugar has dissolved
- Store leftover dressing in airtight container in fridge, up to one week.
Substitution Tip: Segment 2 fresh oranges instead of using canned mandarin oranges. To segment an orange, first slice off each end, making a flat top and bottom. With a pairing knife, slice the peel away from the orange segments. Once the peel is off, cut out the orange segments between each rib of the orange, careful to use as little of the bitter white part as possible. Adapted from Simple Salad Cookbook © 2020 by Johanna Marie Mirpuri. Published by Rockridge Press. All rights reserved.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 149mg | Fiber: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post