Photo Credit: Jillian Dreusike
Toss over local greens for a light, flavorful bruschetta salad, too!
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced and toasted
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (or your favorite olive oil)
- About one pound of steak, cooked and diced
- 3 beefsteak/heirloom/Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Combine steak, tomatoes, gorgonzola, EVOO, garlic, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix to combine well. Refrigerate and serve on toasted baguette slices.
- You can save this delicious dish in the fridge for up to 4 days
Even the busiest people take time to slow down and enjoy a fresh meal during the summer. Jillian Dreusike, the founder of allongée, is a fiend for fresh produce, especially her own basil plant that lives in her city-window.