Recipe Type: Dinner
Author: Leilah Rice, Thomas Grabe, Amanda Fischer, Julianne Williams, Kevin Knaus and Chef Adam Sacks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2½ cups warm vegetable stock
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1½ cups fresh peas, quickly blanched
- Kosher or sea salt and white pepper, to taste
- Pea tendrils, to garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and sauté until translucent. Add garlic, and sauté about 1 minute. Add rice, making sure to stir around in olive oil so that each granule is coated; toast about 90 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat, and add white wine. Return pan to heat, and stir rice until all wine has been absorbed. Next, start adding warm vegetable stock ½ cup at a time, making sure not to add more until previous addition has been absorbed.
- Once rice is just tender, add cheeses and combine. Add lemon zest and previously blanched peas, and carefully combine into risotto. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pea tendrils if available and a squeeze or two of lemon juice to serve.
PER SERVING: 206 CAL; 5 G PROTEIN; 10 G FAT; 24 G CARB (1 G SUGARS); 270 MG SODIUM; 2 G FIBER