Frittatas are an easy entertaining option—make them with whatever ingredients you have on hand. And with no crust to make, you can have it on the table in very little time.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo, cut into small dice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half- and-half
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced sun- dried tomatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion and cook until chorizo is brown and onion is translucent. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. In another nonstick skillet over medium heat, wilt the spinach then spread out on a baking sheet to cool. Squeeze all excess water out of spinach and spread over the sausage mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper, oregano, and tomatoes. Pour into the skillet over the sausage mixture. Cover evenly with cheese. Put skillet back on stovetop over medium heat and cook, scrambling lightly, until eggs start to set, 5–7 minutes. Place in oven and cook until completely set, the center should not move when pan is shaken, 20–25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post