Spiced Coconut Chia Pudding
The ideal make-ahead breakfast, easy to eat on the go.
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 medium pomegranate, seeds removed
- In a medium bowl, add water and whisk in chia seeds. Let sit 10 minutes, until mixture becomes gelatinous.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together coconut milk, maple syrup, spices and salt.
- Add coconut milk to chia seed mixture; whisk vigorously to break up any clumps.
- Allow pudding to chill for at least 20 minutes to thicken, preferably overnight.
- Warm a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add hazelnuts, and toast until golden brown, stirring often to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a dish towel, and rub to remove loose skins. Roughly chop.
- Top chia pudding with hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 37mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g