Photo Credit: Teri Lyn Fisher
Spaghetti Squash Pad ThaiPRINT
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 spaghetti squash (3-4 pounds) top trimmed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- nonstick olive or coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
- 1 pound 16-20 ct. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons coconut amino acids
- 1 tablespoon granulated stevia or monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon red chile paste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 scallions sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mist the cut sides of the squash with cooking spray and place on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the squash’s flesh is tender and can easily be removed from the skin with a fork. Let the squash cool slightly, then scrape the flesh into spaghetti-like strands with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Set the scraped shells aside.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque on each side, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, amino acids, stevia, and red chile paste.
- Return the skillet to medium high heat and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add the squash and pour the garlic-lime juice mixture over the top. Toss thoroughly to evenly coat the squash. Add the beaten egg and quickly cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the squash noodles back into the squash shells, dividing them evenly. Top with the shrimp, carrots, scallions, peanuts, and cilantro, and serve.
From EAT LIKE YOU GIVE A FORK: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive. Copyright © 2019 by Mareya Ibrahim and reprinted with permission from St. Martin’s Griffin.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post