Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
Nothing beats the soft-baked, bready goodness it seems like you can get only in a food court? Well, this recipe replicates that fluffy dough in a better-for-you version that has a fraction of the carbs.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large egg whisked
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave mozzarella and unsalted butter for 1 minute, then stir until melted. Add almond flour and baking powder and stir until a soft ball of dough forms, then stir in vinegar.
- Separate the dough into two balls, then cut each into four sections. Take one section of the dough and form eight pretzel shapes by twisting the two ends twice, then looping them down to form the classic shape. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk salted butter and egg. Brush each pretzel with egg mixture and bake for 15 minutes until dark golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
HOW-TO VIDEO: Excerpted from Keto Comfort Foods by Sam Dillard. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 301mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post