Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (from 1 baked medium sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons white or yellow miso
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place garlic in a food processor, and blend until it is minced. Add remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth and creamy. Adjust any of the seasonings, and add salt to taste.
- Serve hummus with raw vegetables, chips or bread. It can also be added to sandwiches and salads. It will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Excerpted from Sweet Potato Soul © 2018 by Jenné Claiborne with permission of Harmony, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 316mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine