Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Nondairy milk, as needed
- Additional banana and strawberry slices
- Cacao nibs
- Dollop of nut butter
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- To prepare the soft serve, add the bananas, strawberries, lemon juice, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of nondairy milk to a blender or food processor. Blend, adding 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, as needed, until a texture similar to that of soft serve is formed.
- Transfer the ice cream to bowls, add your choice of toppings, and enjoy right away.
- I always keep a stash of bananas in the freezer so we can have soft serve in a flash. The easiest way to freeze and store bananas is to peel them and slice them into 1-inch pieces. Then place the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze them for 2 hours, and transfer them to an airtight container and store in the freezer until needed.
Reprinted from The Colorful Family Table, Copyright © 2019, by Ilene Godofsky Moreno. Published by BenBella books.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 35g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post