Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely diced yellow onions
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plant-based Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon very finely sliced fresh chives
- Vegetable chips of choice for serving
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and season well with salt. (Oil should be hot enough to create a little sizzle when onions are added.) Immediately turn down heat to medium-low or low to allow onions to caramelize very slowly. Stir onions often as they cook, adding a few tablespoons of water if they begin to stick to the pan. They are finished when color is deep brown, like French onion soup. This should take about 15 minutes. Spread the cooked onions on a sheet pan and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine cooled onions, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and onion and garlic powders and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Top the dip with chives and serve with chips.
Excerpted from Eat Plants Every Day © 2021 by Blair & Carolyn Worsham. Published by Weldon Owen. All rights reserved.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post