Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 1/2 cups (384g) creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup (67g) refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (85g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (32g) coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (skip if the nut butter is salted)
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- LINE an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- FOR THE BASE In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut flour, and salt. Press evenly into the prepared pan and refrigerate.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING Put the chocolate and almond butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate mixture is melted and smooth, 1 to 1½ minutes. Pour the chocolate over the almond butter base and spread it to cover the top of the base. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- REFRIGERATE for at least 2 hours. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars into 16 servings. Refrigerate the bars, tightly wrapped, for up to 2 weeks.
Reprinted from Bakerita Copyright © 2020 by Rachel Connors. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Sodium: 41mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post