Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese-blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Cotija
- Hot sauce, such as Trejo's Cholula or Tapatio (optional)
- Add beans to a medium saucepan set over medium heat and stir occasionally until they are warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese a spoonful at a time and stir to combine. Once combined, reduce heat to low. Add cheese blend and stir until thoroughly combined and melted. Add pickled jalapenos and jalapeno juice. Serve hot, garnished with the Cotija and hot sauce, if desired.
Excerpted from Trejo's Tacos © 2020 by Danny Trejo and Larchmont Hospitality Group LLC. published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 699kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 35g | Sodium: 507mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post