Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened plain almond milk or cashew milk, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus pinch of salt, divided
- 1 (3" [7.5-cm]) cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into 1" (3-cm) rounds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a medium pot over high heat, combine the quinoa, 1½ cups (360 ml) of the almond milk, ⅛ teaspoon of the salt and the cinnamon stick. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and bring the quinoa to a simmer. Cook the quinoa for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the almond milk is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the brown sugar, ground cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir to combine the ingredients, then stir in the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) of the almond milk. Set the quinoa aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the oil. Add the bananas and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until each side is golden brown and caramelized. Remove the bananas from the skillet and sprinkle them with the remaining pinch of salt.
- Divide the quinoa among four bowls. Top each serving with the caramelized bananas, blueberries, almond butter and pecans.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post