Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 12 donuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Prepare two six-cavity silicone or metal donut pans or muffin pans by greasing the cavities with the oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chia seeds and water to make a chia egg. Let the chia egg set for 5 minutes.
- Grab a high-powered blender and place the oats in the blender. Blend the oats for 20 seconds, until you get a powder. Add the chia egg, zucchini, sugar, almond butter, bananas, baking soda, cacao, salt, vanilla and ½ cup (85 g) of the chocolate chips. Blend the ingredients for about 1 minute, until you get a smooth batter. Pour the batter in each donut cavity until it evenly hits the top of the cavity. Top the donuts with the remaining ½ cup (85 g) of chocolate chips.
- Bake the donuts for 15 to 18 minutes. If you are making muffins, bake them for 18 minutes. You’ll know they are done when you press on the top of a donut and it bounces back and doesn’t sink in.
- Immediately remove the donuts from the pans by flipping each pan upside down onto a plate or the countertop. Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool.
Reprinted with permission from Cook. Heal. Go Vegan! By Bailey Ruskus, Page Street Publishing, Co. 2021. Photo credit: Bailey Ruskus
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post