Slightly Sweet Ricotta-Yogurt Cheesecake Muffins
This easy recipe is sure to satisfy those with a craving for a slightly sweet high-calcium breakfast treat or a pick-me-up protein-packed afternoon snack. Any of your favorite seasonal fruits can be used as a topping.
Share this Post
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole or part-skim ricotta cheese (avoid brands with gum additives)
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 small mangoes peeled and diced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place muffin liners into a standard 12-cavity muffin pan. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray. You can opt to prepare muffin pan without liners and directly spray each cavity with nonstick cooking spray. Liners create a nicer aesthetic.
- Place ingredients in a food processor, and process until light and foamy, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape sides with a spatula.
- Evenly distribute batter into prepared pan. Bake until muffins are golden and set, 45–60 minutes. If muffins brown before 45 minutes, loosely cover pan with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool muffins for an hour; then remove from pan. If you are not using liners, place muffins on a paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
- When ready to serve, top each muffin with 1½ tablespoons of mango. Muffins can be stored in a sealed container in refrigerator 3–4 days.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post