Photo Credit: Courtesy of Theresa Greco
Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
Easy to make, this delicious dish may become a weekly staple at your house.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 4 free-range boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Flour for dredging, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place seasoned flour in a small bowl and dip the chicken breasts, thoroughly coating all sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through (internal temperature should read 165). Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the wine to the pan and raise the heat to high. Bring the liquid to a boil while you scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once deglazed, add the tomatoes to the pan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Immediately add the capers and olives. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, until the tomatoes begin to break down.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and spoon the tomato, caper and olive mixture over top.
- Add crumbled feta and sprinkle with oregano to serve.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post