Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 small sweet potato scrubbed
- 16 Medjool dates with pits
- 1 tablespoon Whole30-compliant coconut milk
- 8 slices Whole30-compliant prosciutto cut in half
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork 4 or 5 times. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until tender, rotating once halfway through. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, use a small sharp knife to make a slit lengthwise in the top of each date; use your fingers to remove the pits.
- When the potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until roughly mashed. Add the coconut milk and mix with the fork until light and fluffy (you should have about ½ cup).
- Stuff each date with a generous teaspoon of the sweet potato mixture. Wrap with a half slice of prosciutto and place on a serving platter. Spear with a toothpick to serve.
Excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family: 150 Recipes for Every Social Occasion © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Photography © 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine