Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 medium beets, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Sweet yogurt sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Peel beets and trim off ends. Slice into ¼-inch-thick fry shapes. Place in a large bowl. Add coconut sugar, coconut oil and salt, and toss until fries are thoroughly coated. Spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove from the oven, flip, and bake another 15–20 minutes, until crispy.
- While the fries bake, prepare the Sweet Yogurt Sauce by stirring all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve fries fresh out of the oven, with the sauce on the side for dipping.
Excerpted from The Colorful Family Table © 2019 by Ilene Godofsky Moreno. published by BenBella Books.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post