Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 8 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, sliced if large
- 8 large sage leaves, 1/2 rough chopped and 1/2 leave whole
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until mushrooms have shrunken a bit but are still soft and have absorbed the liquid. Roast to your preferred consistency and taste.
- Serve these as a side, with rice, over creamy mashed potatoes, or serve in other dishes such as soups and stir fries.
Elevate: Alternatively add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp mirin, 1 tsp liquid smoke, 1 tsp black pepper, 3-4 shakes of Majji sauce and 1 tsp of Marmite for a smoked rendition of this dish. Rough chopped rosemary is also a nice addition. Reprinted with permission from Food Elevated by Lisa Boesen, Co. 2021.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post