Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 pineapple, cut lengthwise and top intact
- 4 tablespoons vegtable or canola oil (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped spring onions
- 3/4 cup chopped ham
- 3 cups day-old cooked jasmine rice (see note)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Sprig or cilantro, for garnish
- Chili oil, to serve
- With a paring knife, remove pineapple flesh, keeping the top and half shell intact. Core pineapple and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Wipe and pat dry the hollowed pineapple half.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add egg and scramble for 1–2 minutes, until just cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into pieces.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in the same pan over high heat. Add peas and both onions and cook for 3 minutes until onions are translucent. Stir in ham and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in rice, folding constantly to ensure rice does not stick to the pan. Sprinkle a few drops of water into rice to hydrate and loosen any clumps. Stir in egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer rice to hollowed pineapple shell. Garnish with cilantro and serve with a side of chili oil.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post