Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 package Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt & black pepper
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Airfryer cook time: 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large, deep-sided fry pan. Add the onions and mushrooms, cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper and cook for approx. 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with mushroom broth and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together cold water and corn starch in a small dish and slowly pour mixture into the gravy. Whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Simmer another 15 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- While gravy is simmering bake fries according to the directions on the package.
- When fries are cooked, place fries in a bowl or serving dish. Top with cheese and pour hot gravy on top - get ready for your sox to be blown off!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post