Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 people
- 1 package Lemon Pepper RightRice
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped mint plus leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed, and dried with a paper towel
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- 2 small Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup store-bought tzatziki
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Prepare the Right Rice according to the packaging directions, using vegetable or chicken broth as the liquid. As it sits for 12 minutes, prepare the chickpeas. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in the herbs.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, place the dried chickpeas in the pan, adding a pinch of salt. (If they have any moisture on them, they easily splatter, so be careful.) Stir the chickpeas to crisp on all sides. After 2 minutes, sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top, stir to coat, and then remove them from the pan and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Place 1/4 of the rice in a bowl. Top with some cucumber slices, red onion slices, and cherry tomatoes. Place a dollop of tzatziki on each bowl, then sprinkle some feta on top. Garnish with the herb sprigs and an additional drizzling of olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine