Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 servings
- 5 large carrots
- 1½ cups almond, rice or oat milk
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- dash salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pistachios roasted and unsalted
- Wash, peel and shred carrots.
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add carrots to pan; simmer 20 minutes.
- After milk begins to thicken and take on an orange color from carrots, add butter or coconut oil and honey to pan. Stir until butter has melted; then add cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Toss in raisins; stir to combine. Continue to simmer 10 minutes, or until more of the milk has evaporated and carrots are very soft. Remove pan from heat.
- Top with pistachios; serve warm or cold.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Vincent Armada, Dean of Culinary Education Jorge de la Torre, and Deanna Fontaine (l to r) developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 36g | Sodium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post