Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond meal or flour (or oat or rice flour if allergic to nuts)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 14-oz package of soft or silken tofu (drained)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (3 tablespoons if you like it really spicy)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash and dry eggplant and then cut it into thin, fries-like sticks.
- Place eggplant fries in a large bowl and sprinkle with olive oil. Toss around to coat.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and maple syrup. Toss again to coat every fry.
- Add almond meal and nutritional yeast and, again, toss to coat them well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread fries out evenly. Bake about 45 minutes, or until golden brown. While fries bake, make sauce by stirring together all ingredients in a small bowl.
Excerpted from Party In Your Plants: 100+ Plant-Based Recipes and Problem-Solving Strategies to Help You Eat Healthier © 2020 by Talia Pollick. Published by Avery, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 852mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post