Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 ounces baby spinach, finely chopped
- 6 sweet mini peppers (or 1 medium seet red or orange bell pepper), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) water-packed baby artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon smoke paprika (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the chickpeas, spinach, mini pepper slices, artichoke hearts, olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar (or lemon juice), optional paprika, and garlic powder into a large bowl.
- Gently stir together with a large spoon to thoroughly combine. Taste, and add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Divide between four to six bowls and serve.
Recipe excerpt from Easy Vegan Home Cooking by Laura Theodore. Publisher, Hatherleigh Press, October 26th 2021. Distributed by Penguin Random House. Reprinted by permission.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post