Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 pounds mussels
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 leeks
- 1 ¾ ounces onion
- 3 ½ ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 package saffron
- 1 pinch bay leaves
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 handful parsley
- In a casserole containing the oil, put the chopped mixture of onion and leeks; leave to become golden and pour in the wine.
- Add the tomato, saffron, thyme, bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Leave to simmer over moderate heat, until the wine has half evaporated.
- Add the mussels, leave to gain flavor for some seconds and transfer the preparation to a concave serving plate to cool. Leave to rest in a cold place, sprinkle with a handful of chopped parsley and serve.
If you prefer, you can remove the mussels from their shells before adding them to the casserole, and serve them shelled.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine