Photo Credit: Michael Silverstein
Shrimp Fajitas with Chipotle Crema
These fajitas are flavorful and simple to make.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3.5-oz [100-g]) can chipotle peppers in adobo, peppers and sauce separated
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- First, make the sauce by mixing the sour cream with only the sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo (you need 1 to 2 teaspoons [5 to 10 ml] of adobo sauce, depending on how spicy you want it).
- Next, slice the bell peppers and onion into ¼-inch (6-mm)-widestrips. Make sure your shrimp is thawed and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a large, cast-iron skillet over high heat. You want it to be smoking hot. Add the avocado oil, bell peppers and onion to the pan. Cook over high heat for about 5 minutes. Do not overstir the veggies, as you want them to char and get a nice color. Then, add the cumin, garlic powder, salt and shrimp to the pan. Stir to combine and sauté for another 3 minutes, or just until the shrimp curls up and turns opaque. Finish with the fresh lime juice.
- Plate the fajitas with a drizzle of the chipotle sauce on top handsome chopped cilantro (if using).
Excerpted from New Keto Cooking: Fresh Ideas for Delicious Low-Carb Meals at Home by Michael Silverstein. (Page Street Publishing Co. © 2020)
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 16.8g | Fat: 8.7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post