Sprouted Grain Oatmeal with Bacon, White Cheddar and Fried Egg
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 slice of bacon, diced*
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- ½ cup water
- 1 packet thinkThin Original Sprouted Grains Protein & Fiber Hot Oatmeal (or your favorite unsweetened instant oatmeal)
- 2 tablespoons grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sliced chives
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Add bacon; stir occasionally until crispy. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add shallot to pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Add water to pan; then add oatmeal. Cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and reserved bacon; stir, and pour into a bowl.
- Crack egg, and add to pan; cook on medium heat until the white begins to set. Flip egg, and cook 30 seconds longer. Place egg on top of oatmeal. Top with chives, and serve.
*For a vegetarian option, use a seitan or tempeh bacon.
PER SERVING: 390 CAL; 23G PROTEIN; 15G FAT; 39G CARB (9G SUGARS); 520MG SODIUM; 6G FIBER