Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Salami, Kale and Olive OrecchiettePRINT
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces orecchiette or small shells pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 (3-inch) chunk of salami; coated in peppercorns, diced
- 18 cured green olives; pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hefty pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups baby kale leaves
- 4 tablespoons of prepared black garlic aioli (or 3 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1 minced garlic clove, ½ teaspoon black pepper and juice from one half lemon)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano, grated for garnish
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil; season with salt. Add pasta, and cook al dente with a slight bite, 6–8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook until translucent. Add salami and olives, and cook 3 minutes, until heated through. Add oregano and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Place kale in bottom of a large, shallow serving bowl.
- When pasta is nearly done, scoop out 1 cup pasta water.
- Add aioli to the salami-olive pan. Stir until well coated. Add ½ cup pasta water, and bring to a simmer. Gradually add more water until you have a thick sauce.
- Drain pasta, and immediately pour over the kale. Stir to wilt kale. Add sauce, and gently toss. Serve right away with the Pecorino.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 389mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post