Shop IngredientsHow this works
- baking tray lines with baking paper
- 8 skewers
- 1 pounds and 2 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 1/4 ounces pecans
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 shallots
- 3 1/2 fl oz coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons rocket (arugula) cress or other micro herbs
- Dice the chicken thigh fillets. Squeeze the limes. Finely chop the garlic. In a bowl, mix the chicken with the garlic, mustard, three-quarters of the lime juice, half the honey, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and half the oil. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat all but 2 teaspoons of the remaining honey with the remaining sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Spread the pecans on the lined baking tray. Pour the honey-sugar mixture over the pecans and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast the nuts for 5 minutes; make sure they don't get too much color. Set aside to cool and harden.
- Cut the leaves and stems of the bok choy into strips. Chop the shallots.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix the coconut milk with the remaining lime juice and honey. Toss the bok choy and shallot through the dressing.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Sprinkle with the cress and place the chicken skewers on the salads. Sprinkle with the pecans and pepper to taste.
Excerpted from Salad: 100 Recipes for Simple Salads & Dressings by Janneke Philippi, photography by Serge Philippi. Smith Street Books © 2022
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post