Photo Credit: Haile Thomas and Will Coleman
Roasted Street Corn and Avocado Toast
This combination of smoky sweet corn, creamy, tart avocado, and vegan cashew cheese is mind- blowing. Avocado lovers, rejoice!
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 1 teaspoon annatto powder or paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for squeezing
- 4 slices bread of your choice, toasted
- 4 tablespoons crumbled vegan cashew cheese (optional, but my favorite brand for this is Miyoko's)
- Quick-Pickled Red Onion (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- To make the roasted corn: Rub melted butter over each ear of corn and sprinkle with annatto powder, chipotle powder, and salt to taste. Place the corn on the prepared pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden yellow and toasted. Let rest for a few minutes to cool down.
- Lay the cobs flat on your cutting board and cut down one side at a time to remove the kernels. Place the kernels in a medium bowl and mix in the garlic, lime zest, jalapeño, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Place the avocado slices on a plate and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Evenly divide the avocado slices among the toasts and top each with heaping tablespoons of roasted corn, crumbled vegan cheese (if using), and pickled red onion (if using). Top with a little squeeze of lime. Enjoy this ridiculously fabulous avo toast like the ridiculously fabulous human you are!
Excerpted from Living Lively: 80 Plant-Based recipes to Activate Your Power & Feed Your Potential © 2021 by Haile Thomas. Published by William Morrow Cookbooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post