Roasted Cauliflower Puree
Save yourself time—and calories—by swapping potatoes for cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), well rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ½ cup cream or half-and-half, ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into baking dish or on cookie sheet. Roast approximately 40 minutes, uncovered.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and stir until shallots become translucent, being careful not to burn or brown either the shallots or the garlic. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Place all ingredients, including broth (a few tablespoons at a time), into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as desired. For additional rich flavor, stir in cream. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g