Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or to taste
- ¼ cup minced, fresh chives
- 1 batch Do-It-Yourself Cocoa Piecrust, using half the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (recipe below)
- 2 cups sliced artichoke hearts
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 basil leaves (more if they are small)
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes, or 12 thin slices, drained to remove excess water
- 3-4 ounces chopped bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups sifted unbleached white flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold vegan margarine (or oil: coconut oil works well; use slightly less than ½ cup)
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix mushrooms, onion, garlic, tamari and chives together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 little balls, roll out into thin crusts (⅛- to ¼-inch thick) on a floured board, and press into the muffin tin. In each crust, place an equal portion of artichoke, followed by an equal portion of mushroom mixture on top. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice if you wish, and salt. Next add a basil leaf, then a tomato slice, and finish with chocolate pieces and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes, reduce temperature to 375˚, and cook for 15 minutes more, or until the crust is done to your liking.
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix water in by the tablespoon until you can form a malleable ball.
- Roll out the dough to fit lightly greased pie pans, and press in gently. Prick here and there with a fork; then add filling.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine