Reasons to Try Bone Broth
From a healthy gut to improved immunity and stronger bones, this ‘superfood’ offers sundry benefits.
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3½ pounds beef bones
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Place vegetables and bones in a 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, and add vinegar. (Vinegar draws minerals out of the bones.) Add enough water to cover everything.
- Program slow cooker on low for 18–24 hours.
- Pour broth through a cheesecloth or strainer; discard any solids.
- When broth cools, it forms into a gel, so you just need to heat before serving. Broth will store in the fridge for a few days, or in the freezer for several months.