Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup ginger-infused maple syrup (Instruction #4 below)
- 1 cinnamon stick, grated
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Combine milk and quinoa flakes into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir the porridge, and microwave again for another minute.
- Stir in maple syrup, cinnamon, sliced bananas and pecans. For a creamier porridge, add in an extra ¼ cup milk.
- Experiment with different toppings, such as honey or agave nectar, chia seeds or a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Place the maple syrup and ginger in a small saucepan and heat over very low heat for about 10 min. You don’t want to the syrup to get hot, just slightly warm so that the ginger infuses in. Taste as you go until it reaches the ginger level you like. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the bits of ginger. (Source: 7DayVegan.com)
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post