Quick RightRice Paella
Paella is the ultimate Spanish comfort food. Traditionally prepared with chorizo sausage, chicken, and a beautiful variety of seafood, you can make this version with whatever looks good to you at the market. This recipe uses RightRice, which is a shelf-stable grain made from 90 percent vegetables and has more than 2 times the protein, 5 times the fiber, and almost 40 percent less net carbs than regular rice.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 package Spanish RightRice
- 1⅓ cups chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- ½ onion diced
- 1 ¼ bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces pre-cooked chorizo sausage sliced into ¼" rounds
- ½ cup freshly shelled or defrosted peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- juice of ½ lemon
- 8 ounces cooked and sliced chicken
- 8 ounces sautéed shrimp
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, peppers, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion and peppers have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Stir in the RightRice to coat the grains with the oil. Add the stock or the water, bring to a quick simmer, and immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, add the peas and the parsley, then fluff with a fork.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and top with the chicken and shrimp if using. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of each bowl. Garnish with an additional sprig of parsley if desired.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post