Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
This Quiche-Stuffed Pepper makes a lovely and unique meal for breakfast or brunch.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 medium green bell pepper top removed, seeded, and cut in half
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) fresh baby spinach loosely packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter either a 5" × 5" baking dish or 8-ounce ramekin. Set aside.
- Place pepper halves in baking dish or ramekin. Set aside.
- In an 8" skillet over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 seconds. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked onion mixture and cheese.
- Pour mixture into pepper halves and bake 40 minutes until center is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately.
Excerpted from The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook by Joanie Zisk. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 512mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post