Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Pure Blends
- 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Vegetarian egg replacer, plus water needed to replace 7 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other nondairy milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg replacer mixture, almond milk and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into the center of the dry ingredients. Gently whisk together just until combined. Add melted Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter after about 3/4 of the dry ingredients are moistened, and continue mixing only until Plant-Based Butter is worked in. Do not overmix. The batter is ready to use now, or it may be refrigerated for up to 12 hours.
- To prepare the pancakes, preheat a griddle to 350° and grease with additional Plant-Based Butter. Ladle 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Turn once, when bubbles break on the upper surface and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking on the second side until browned, about 1 minute. Serve the pancakes on a heated platter accompanied, if desired, with maple syrup and additional Plant-Based Butter.
PER SERVING: Calories 260, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbs 46g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g, Protein 5g, Vitamin D 1mcg, Calcium 261mg, Iron 2mg, Potassium 106mg, Omega-3 0g, Omega-6 0g