Photo Credit: Pure Blends
Pure Blends Old Fashioned Pancakes
Light and fluffy plant-based pancakes just like grandma used to make them.
- 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetarian egg replacer, plus water needed to replace 7 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other nondairy milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg replacer mixture, almond milk and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into the center of the dry ingredients. Gently whisk together just until combined. Add melted Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter after about 3/4 of the dry ingredients are moistened, and continue mixing only until Plant-Based Butter is worked in. Do not overmix. The batter is ready to use now, or it may be refrigerated for up to 12 hours.
- To prepare the pancakes, preheat a griddle to 350° and grease with additional Plant-Based Butter. Ladle 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Turn once, when bubbles break on the upper surface and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking on the second side until browned, about 1 minute. Serve the pancakes on a heated platter accompanied, if desired, with maple syrup and additional Plant-Based Butter.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 610mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g