Photo Credit: Pure Blends
Cauliflower Soup with Caramelized Shallots & Thyme
A creamy vegan soup recipe that is perfect for chilly days.
Share this Post
- 7 tablespoons Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter, divided
- 4 large shallots, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, (about 2 lbs.), cut into florets
- 4 Yukon gold potato, (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thickly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups vegan vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter in Dutch oven or other large pot and cook shallots over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Melt 4 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter in same pot over medium heat and cook cauliflower, potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock, water, 1/2 tsp. thyme and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree in pot with hand held immersion blender or let cook slightly, then puree in batches in blender until smooth. Stir in remaining Plant-Based Butter, thyme, lemon juice and season if desired with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top each serving with about 1 Tbsp. caramelized shallots and garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Potassium: 1026mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post