Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
This recipe was developed by Joy Bauer, health expert for NBC’s TODAY Show, celebrity chef, and a #1 New York Times best-selling author.
August 16, 12-1 p.m. “Summer Treats with Joy Bauer”— Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen. Join Joy as she whips up three simple summer treats that the whole family will love: Cherry Slushies, Pina Coladas and Crave-worthy Cookies!
August 16, 1:30-2 p.m. “Joy Bauer Book Signing”—Book Signing @ Book Signing Stage
August 16, 4-4:30 p.m. “Dietitian’s Pick”— Speaker Series @ Food As Medicine Stage
- 4 large ripened bananas peeled and frozen
- Splash of milk; if needed use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, light coconut milk, soy milk or cow's milk
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon semisweet chocolate chips
- Break frozen bananas into large chunks and place in bowl of a food processor. (If your bananas have been in the freezer for longer than a day, it’s best to thaw for about 10 minutes before pureeing). Puree bananas until they are completely smooth and no frozen chunks remain. If bananas are too hard to blend, add a splash of milk for easier pureeing.
- Add peanut butter to food processor and puree a few seconds longer to combine. Scoop into a bowl and serve immediately, or freeze for the future.
- When you're ready to enjoy, top with chocolate chips and dig in