Shop IngredientsHow this works
Prepping the squash:
- 1 ounce (about 2 tablespoons) Salted Miyoko's European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the crispy sage:
- 1 cup fresh sage leaves
- olive oil to toss
For the butternut cream sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Salted Miyoko's European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounces cooked tagliatelle pasta
- preferred amount of tuscan kale, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup pasta water
- 2 teaspoons spiced pumpkin seeds
Roast butternut squash:
- Melt 1oz. (about 2 tbsp.) of butter.
- Toss the cubed butternut squash with the melted butter and spices to coat.
- Spread out coated squash on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until roasted.
- Cool to room temperature.
Make the crispy sage:
- Trim your fresh sage.
- Lightly coat leaves in olive oil.
- Spread out sage on a sheet tray.
- Crisp in the oven for 5 minutes at 350°F.
Blend the sauce:
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter
- Quick soak cashews by putting them in the microwave for 2 mins with enough water to cover the cashews. Let them sit in the hot water for 20 mins (you can also soak them in the fridge the night before).
- Blend soaked cashews, cooled squash, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, chopped garlic, salt, and black pepper with the filtered water.
- With blender running on low, pour melted butter into sauce mixture.
- Set the sauce aside while preparing pasta.
- Brown butter in pan with sea salt, black pepper, and chopped garlic to taste.
- Saute kale with sauce.
- Boil pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Add pasta and pasta water to kale and sauce mixture. Toss to coat.
- Plate and top with crispy sage, and pumpkin seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post